Effective: March 18, 2022
- All persons who enter the LCLA Law Library and Lawyer’s Lounge (the “Lounge and Library”) are
required to wear a mask or face covering in a manner that covers their mouth, nose and chin during any
period when they are in the Lounge and Library.
- A person may temporarily remove their mask or face covering to consume food or drink.
- If a person has COVID-19 symptoms including but not limited to fever or chills, cough, shortness of
breath, decreased or loss of taste or smell, runny nose or nasal congestion, headache, extreme fatigue,
sore throat, muscle aches or joint pain, gastrointestinal symptoms (such as vomiting or diarrhea) or have
been required to isolate as per Public Health, the Province of Ontario or Federal Government
requirements, they shall not enter the Lounge and Library.
- In the event that the above policy requirements are not followed, the following may occur:
a. A person may be asked/reminded to wear their mask;
b. A person may be asked to remain 2 metres/6 feet apart from others in the Lounge and Library;
c. A person may not be assisted by LCLA Library Staff;
d. A person may be asked to leave the Lounge and Library which may include the use of court
security and/or police officers; and/or
e. A person may no longer be welcome to enter the Lounge and Library for a specified period of
- In the event that a person has a bona fide reason not to wear a mask or face covering, including but not
limited to a medical condition that inhibits their ability to wear a mask or face covering or that they are
being reasonably accommodated in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
Act, 2005 and/or the Human Rights Code, they may contact the LCLA Board of Directors to seek an
exception to wearing a mask or face covering in the Lounge and Library by contacting the LCLA Board
of Directors via email at firstname.lastname@example.org which will be discussed by the LCLA Board of Directors at
the next LCLA Board of Directors meeting.
- Any additional inquiries or concerns regarding this Policy and Procedure made by made by contacting
the LCLA Board of Directors via email at email@example.com which will be discussed by the LCLA
Board of Directors at the next LCLA Board of Directors meeting