Posted on behalf of the Honourable Justice M. J. Donohue, Local Administrative Justice in St. Catharines, please see the attached Memo to Counsel regarding appearances in Superior Court assignment courts.
Forwarded on behalf of Local Administrative Justice of the Peace Brett Kelly – FOR YOUR DISTRIBUTION
Please see the attached updated Zoom links.
Effective Monday, January 16th the following change will be made:
· St. Catharines In Custody Video Remand Court will move from the Bail Court (Crt#2) into a virtual courtroom called In Custody Video Remand Court (ICVR) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting at 10:45 am until the court is finished. There will be no in custody video remand court on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Below is the Zoom link to connect to the St. Catharines In Custody Video Remand Court (ICVR)
In Custody Video Remand Court
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 652 4934 7732
Dial by your location
833 955 1088 Canada Toll-free
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Please see the attached notice containing ZOOM VIDEO/AUDIO LINKS and TELEPHONE CONFERENCE CALL LINES
The attached documents relate to the new practice direction but unfortunately have not yet been hyper-linked.
Counsel are required to complete their portion of the form and upload to Caselines as per the most recent Notice to Profession.
On March 23, 2022, a regulation was filed to amend the court rules and forms for civil proceedings: O. Reg. 224/22, amending the Rules of Civil Procedure. The regulation is posted on e-Law here.
The regulation addresses the rules regarding the deadlines for parties to submit their confirmation of motion and confirmation of application forms (Forms 37B and 38B), as well as the deadline to upload materials to CaseLines.
The regulation, which amends three rules and revises two forms, will come into force on April 23, 2022.
The rule amendments:
- require a moving party to confirm the motion 5 days before the hearing instead of 3, and permit the responding party to confirm the motion (if the moving party has not done so) 4 days before the motion instead of 2 (rule 37.10.1);
- require an applicant to confirm the application 5 days before the hearing instead of 3 (rule 38.09.1);
- separate the CaseLines deadline for motions and applications from the confirmation form deadlines (rule 4.05.3);
- remove references to e-mail submission of confirmation forms being possible only if available in the court office, since e-mail is available in every civil court office (rules 37.10.1 and 38.09.1); and
- prescribe revised versions of the Form 37B Confirmation of Motion and Form 38B Confirmation of Application, to
- emphasize the duty to update the court if circumstances change after confirmation,
- add reference to the abandonment procedure, and
- require a list of materials for applications (as is already required for motions).
The revised Forms 37B and 38B are available on the Ontario Court Forms Website.
A summary of the regulation is available on Ontario’s Regulatory Registry here.
Below are the notices now posted on the SCJ website.
- guidelines to determine the mode of proceeding in criminal, family, civil and Small Claims Court matters,
- virtual courtroom etiquette rules, and
- an announcement that the gowning requirement will resume on April 19, 2022.
The guidelines and virtual courtroom etiquette rules will take effect on April 19, 2022.
The guidelines are available here: https://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/guidelines-mode-of-proceedings/. The virtual courtroom etiquette rules are available here: https://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/virtual-courtroom-etiquette/. The gowning announcement is available here: https://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/notices-and-orders-covid-19/court-proceedings-notice/.